To create the Best Resume Format For Experienced that outshines in almost any industry, let us first understand what exactly is a “perfect resume”.
The perfect resume format will pass any applicant tracking system.
It will show off that how perfect a match you are for the position and the company. How fruitful will you be?
Scroll down and discover in the next 5 minutes that how can you create a perfect resume with absolutely no flaws.
How to Create The Best Resume Format For Experienced
Here are steps to create the best resume format for experienced. Follow these and create an impressive resume.
1. How to Choose the Right Format For Resume
Job seeking is tough. In order to win, you have to be creative. However, you must abide by the rules.
Firstly, there is no single “the best”‘ format for resumes. You have to select out of one of the three standard ways. What are the three resume formats?
The 3 most common types of resume formats are:
- Reverse-chronological resume format
- Functional resume format/ Skill based
- Combination resume format/ Hybrid
To discover the main differences, have a look below.
What is the Best Resume Format for You?
Since, here we are referring to experienced individuals, Reverse Chronological Resume format is considered ideal.
However, when you are applying for an industry where skills really matter like designing and internet based positions, go for Functional Resume. This is skill based and gives more value to your qualities.
Furthermore, if you are applying for a highly specialized position where there are very experienced senior candidates? A combination resume format will be just perfect for you.
To get details on when to use each one of these formats and when not. For whom it is best suited as well as samples- Click Here>>>>>>> Best Free Resume pdf Format Download
2. Hunt for Keywords in the Job Advertisement
What does “Resume keywords” actually mean?
Keywords are short phrases or words that relate to particular requirements for a job. These are the skills, credentials, abilities and qualities that an employer looks for in a candidate. Therefore, use of right keywords is extremely essential in resume.
To hunt for them, check out the job description/advertisement. Jot down their requirements or the abilities or key skills that they have mentioned.
Moreover, often recruiters use Applicant tracking system – software which hunts for keywords to shortlist your resume.
3. How to Format Sections on your Resume?
Generally, sections on a resume are-
- Contact Information / Personal Details
- Summary Statement/Objective
- Other Sections like Leadership, Honors, Certifications, Languages
Here we will provide you some tips on resume writing, considering one section at a time.
This is the the topmost section and it goes as follows-
- Name (This should be in the largest font of your resume- maximum 14 pt)
- Contact Details–
- Contact Number
- Home Address
- Website (if any) or Your LinkedIn Address.
Tip- Ensure the email you use is professional and decent. Do not use- ‘email@example.com’ type of email addresses. If you do not have, create one.
Also, check out- Guidelines for Creating a custom resume
Summary Statement/ Objective
An objective statement focuses on your goal that you aspire to achieve.
A summary Statement lays emphasis on your past accomplishments.
For experienced individuals, we suggest summary statements. Objectives are a bit outdated these days. A resume summary statement sums up who you are professional. Present at the top of the page in a sentence or two, it serves as the first impression you give a recruiter that keeps them hooked on to reading your resume.
Tips for experience section on resume-
- Mention your latest job experience first and then go backward.
- Experienced individuals must keep in mind that they mention only the relevant experiences.
- Things to include in this section-
- Relevant Job Position
- Location of the job
- List of Major Accomplishments in that position
- You must note that you have to state accomplishments in your past job rather than duties.
- Include keywords as much as possible.
- Review the samples below to understand in a better way.
- Here again you will have to mention your latest degree on the top and then go backwards.
- Include your GPA only if it is impressive.
- Experienced individuals need not mention their schooling unless t has been asked for or it adds value to your resume in any way.
This s an important section but you need not create a heap here. Just like previous sections mention only what is relevant to the position you are applying for.
Make use of keywords from the job description.
Other Sections On Resume
Other sections on the best resume format for experienced individuals can be-
- Languages Known
- Leadership experience
- Volunteer Experiences
4. Formatting Your Resume
Steps on how to format a resume?
- Firstly, set one-inch margins on all four sides.
- Choose 11 or 12 point resume font size.
- Create a proper resume header format and add your contact details.
- Now, divide your resume into resume sections as mentioned above.
- Make use of bullet points to talk about past jobs.
- Be consistent while resume formatting (e.g., stick to the same date format)
- Make use of single or 1.15 line spacing.
- Ensure that you have added an extra space before and after each section heading.
- Ideally, a single paged resume is sufficient. However, you may create to paged one if you have a number of experiences in the industry.
- Don’t use pictures on your resume, unless mentioned in the job description specifically.
How to pass ATS Testing?
ATS or applicant tracking system is very popular these days. In order to pass it efficiently, follow the guidelines below.
- Place the contact information at the top of your resume.
- Minimize fancy graphics on your resume.
- Ensure that you have saved your resume in the PDF format.
- Copy the contents of your resume. Now, paste them into a TXT text editor like Notepad. If the text isn’t scrambled, your resume is scannable.
5+ Sample Resume Formats For Experienced Individuals
So, follow these pieces of advice, download free formats and create a perfect resume. Do share your thoughts below.