4 Custodian Resume & Cover Letter
Resume writing will no more difficult. Check out the best custodian resume templates and follow the expert resume writing tips. Create a resume that lands you your dream job.
How to Write A Custodian Resume?
Are you writing a custodian resume for the first time? Does your resume need some maintenance? In order to get considered for top custodian jobs, create a resume that puts your skills and abilities front.
Check out some best resume writing tips below. Also, view the custodian resume samples or download the custodian resume templates in Word.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), custodian jobs are expected to grow by 10% from 2016 through 2026. This is faster than the average rate. So, you are likely to find promising jobs in this sector.
Moreover, BLS also stated that as a custodian, you can expect to earn a median wage of $24,990 per year.
So, waste no time. Grab the best custodian resume samples and some expert tips.
1. How to Write a Custodian Resume Objective?
Lets us clear all your issues.
A custodian resume objective mainly focuses on your goals and what position you are applying for. It does not provide highlights from your experience.
So, a resume objective is certainly a good option for custodian resume no experience.
A custodian resume summary, on the other hand, emphasizes your major accomplishments and skills, and how they would benefit the organization you are applying to.
So, experience holders must opt for resume summary statements.
Tip- Even ehen you are writing an objective statement, do not give the title – “objective” to it. Instead, write- “Summary”, “Profile”, “About me”.
How to Write A Custodian Resume Summary?
Whether you are writing a resume objective or a summary statement, follow the tips below to write a perfect one that catches attention.
- Begin with your strongest trait.
- Add a few soft skills.
- Mention your years of experience in numbers. For instance- Do not write- ‘Five years’ instead write- ‘5 years’
- If you do not have professional experience, then include any relevant or volunteer service.
- Include resume keywords from the job description.
- State your best accomplishment. Quantify.
- End with a confident statement on how you would prove to be an asset for them.
- Avoid using personal pronouns.
- Use resume strong action verbs.
- Target your objective to the job position you are applying for.
- Lastly, wind up in a maximum of 4 statements.
2. Custodian Resume skills and abilities
Your skills and abilities make you stand out from the crowd. Presenting them well on your resume is also a skill.
A perfect resume contains a blend of soft and hard skills. Here we bring to you some common skills that are required in a housekeeping job-
- Cleaning and maintaining floors (sweeping, waxing, stripping,
mopping, vacuuming, buffing and polishing)
- Removing snow and ice from parking lots and workplace areas.
- Scrubbing and sanitizing restroom facilities.
- Handling light facility repairs.
- Managing the required materials.
- Keeping custodian room and closets clean and organized
Some soft skills for a custodian are-
- Communication Skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer Service Skills
You can also add your language skills. They are valued in this industry. So, if you are bilingual, do mention it.
3. How To Write Custodian Resume Job Description?
In your job description, you mainly include the Custodial Worker Duties and Responsibilities. However, add a few accomplishments. Any outshining work that brought praises, enhanced services, etc.
Candidates from the US can add OSHA training or certification. Or you can simply add that you abide by the OSHA standards.
This adds value.
This may help make your resume outshine.
Add resume action verbs. These provide a confident tone to your resume.
Furthermore, quantify your experiences.
Quantifying makes your resume all the more attractive to employers. It adds proof to all that you are stating.
In order to do so, you can include-
-if you trained or supervised other employees
-Include the number of interns you trained
-When you reduced costs by improving efficiency.
-Or simply the size of the establishment you worked in.
These little details add power to your resume and enhance your chances of getting hired.
Custodian resume templates
Custodian Cover Letter
Being a custodian, you know the importance of cleanliness and order. So, ensure that your resume is well-polished.
Check out the tips here >>>> Resume Writing Tips. You’ll get detailed advice on how to create a perfect resume. Our experts will show you quick and easy ways to make your resume shine.
Do share your thoughts below. We look forward to hearing from you.