Amazing Event Planner Resume + Cover Letter
Discovering the best venues and vendors. Managing the finances and supervising the logistics. Being criticized and still maintaining a sincere smile.
When you’re confident you can plan and execute that plan, go for the event planner resume to apply successfully for your dream job.
Thinking about how to put your skills perfectly on paper?
Here you will come across-
- Best Event planner resume examples
- How to write an event planner resume that will land you more interviews.
- Tips and tricks on how to put skills and achievements on an event planner resume.
- How to describe your experience on a resume and highlight achievements.
- Most importantly some good event planner resume keywords.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in a few minutes? Download our resume sample and customize it.
Event Planner Resume Sample
Check out the best event planner resume samples below. You can download these for free by clicking on the download button. Also, you have matching cover letters that you can use along with your resume to make your application stand out. Use the Event Planner Resume Template.
Simple Text Version – Event Planner Resume Example
15/54, Main Square, Albany, NY. – Contact No. – name@email
Dedicated event planner with 6+ years of experience, seeking to offer my management expertise in organizing conferences, weddings, and parties. Proven record of negotiating sales minimums as well as menu pricing, reducing the overall cost by 27% while guaranteeing quality. I am confident in my abilities and promise the best returns to the organization.
- Strong leadership skills that motivate the event planning team to perform above and beyond expectations.
- Strong analytical skills that help understand and respond to key business indicators and competitive trends.
- Food Management Expertise.
- Excellent selling capabilities.
- Sound Knowledge of organizing events.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative.
- Skilled at negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
ABC Hotel, City. 20XX-20YY
- Managed a staff of 25 employees supervising the events from set up to breakdown.
- Negotiated sales minimums as well as menu pricing reducing the overall cost by 27% while guaranteeing quality.
- Trained 5 interns on all the aspects that ensured smooth functioning.
XYZ Firm, City 20ZZ-20XX
- Organized 30+ events
- Arranged participant accommodation and transportation.
- Negotiated contracts with conference venue providers that came in 5% under-budgeted amount on average.
- Arranged audiovisual equipment setup as well as foreign-language and sign-language interpreters.
Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management- from BBD University, 20ZZ
Event Planner Cover Letter
Here is a cover letter for your job application for an event manager position.
This cover letter template matches the above resume sample.
You can download this and use for your job application.
However, make sure that you customize it. Replace the brackets and letters with your details.
Quick Tips To Write Event Planner Resume
The following tips will help you write a perfect event planner resume.
Event Planner Resume skills
Resume skills are a must. You must add a couple of soft skills as well as hard skills. However, make sure that the number of hard skills is more than soft skills.
|Budget management||Teamwork ability|
|Venue Selection||Service Ordering|
|Project management||Communication skills|
|Caterer Management||Analytical skills|
|Event coordinator||Critical Thinking|
Hard skills are the ones that are usually related to something you’ve learned and or picked up on the job. On the other hand, soft skills relate to your personality.
Event Planner Resume objective
You must have a strong resume introduction. These can be-
- Professional Profile
It is must short, concise and full of information that hooks the reader.
Here you may include your best achievements and quantify them.
If you are a beginner, state the relevant education background.
Event Planner Resume Description
Your job descriptions in the experience section should be as crisp as possible. Avoid being too wordy. Make use of bullet points.
Your bullet points should not exceed more than 6 for each job position. Begin each bullet point with action verbs.
Use statistics sensationally to prove that you can satisfy your customers by helping them save money on their weddings.
With soaring wedding prices nowadays, who wouldn’t want to come in under budget? So, by providing unforgettable weddings at less-than-expected prices, you prove that you can retain and grow market share.
Include numbers. If you’re able to quantify your work experience throughout your resume, you will surely be landing interviews before you know it.
Event Planner Resume Keywords
Some good keywords for event planner resume are-
- Organizational skills
- Event coordinator
- Meeting coordinator
- Communication skills
- Vendor relations
So, follow the above tips for event planner resume and win your dream job!