Scroll down and discover how to write a perfect receptionist resume. You can download our recruiter-approved word format samples. Do check out some pro tips that will help you create a perfect resume.
What a Receptionist Resume Should Look Like?
Good Receptionist Resume Samples
A receptionist may be found in hotels, schools, administrative departments. The duties may vary as per the industry. However, some common duties of a receptionist are greeting the incoming people, room reservations and assignment, arranging appointments, customer service, cashier work, key control as well as mail and message service. A review of the following receptionist resume templates and samples will give you a clearer idea of what all has to be included in a resume.
Receptionist Resume For Fresher
The following resume is for a fresher candidate.
About this resume-
–This is a hotel receptionist hospitality resume or front desk receptionist resume.
-Since this is a fresher’s resume, we have chosen the functional resume format.
-The candidate has emphasized their ability to handle various hotel functions.
-Being a fresher, Stella has included internships and volunteer experience in her resume.
-Furthermore, the skills have been arranged in a graphical manner to catch the recruiter’s attention.
To download Receptionist Resume pdf, Click Here
Resume in Simple Text
PHONE: 678-555-0103 WEBSITE: www.website.com EMAIL:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dedicated Receptionist with experience in managing hotel functions.
- Bringing leadership and teamwork to the table.
- Expertise in handling customers and clients and implementing cost-effective processes.
Miranda Community College 2015 – 2019
BS in Hotel Management
Head of the college for 2 consecutive years.
Hudson High School
Passed school in 2015.
- Winner of debates and declamations over the years.
- Actively involved in the charity group
Internship and VOLUNTEER Experience
Hotel Temple’s Town
Internship from August 2018–February 2019
- Greeted guests, handled reservations, billing and resolved customer complaints.
safety by monitoring the site.
assisted other departments whenever required.
Hotel Four Seasons
Volunteer Experience from 2016 – 2018
guests and handled reservations.
actively in hotel management and organizing parties.
- Playing Football
- Attending Seminars and Conferences
Experienced Receptionist Resume
The following resume is for an experienced individual with sound knowledge of various duties.
About this resume-
-This is a Receptionist resume for school. She is also a front desk receptionist.
-The resume follows the reverse chronological resume format.
-Emma possesses 5+ years of experience in this field.
-The candidate highlights her ability to reduce office expenses.
Resume in Simple Text
15/54, Main Square, Albany, NY. – Contact No. – name@email
Seeking a school receptionist position for enhancing fundamental life skills. Bringing my 5+ years of experience as a preschool receptionist, to the desk. Adept in handling school premises, arranging meetings, A passion for fostering education in young generation urges me to use my skills in the betterment of a school.
June 2017 – Present
Miranda High School
- Greet and answer student parent and visitor inquiries.
- Actively attend phone calls, transfer calls to the proper department or take messages and convey them.
- Draft holiday notices that have to be distributed to school students.
- Effectively organize meetings.
- Maintain confidential student records in computer system.
- Order supplies and curriculum required for classrooms and ensure that they are available on time.
August 2014- 2017
Hudson Elementary School
- Answered phone calls.
- Scheduled appointments and arranged teacher substitutions.
- Ordered cost-effective supplies for both office and classrooms. Reduced the overall cost by 15%.
- Performed clerical duties – copying, faxing, emailing, sorting mail, etc.
Bachelor of Science
- Excellent communicator with parents, students, and staff.
- Skilled at teamwork while maintaining a friendly environment.
- Adept in MS office package.
- Sound knowledge of local and federal school policies.
5 Tips For Writing a Resume for A Receptionist
A resume that is well crafted opens doors to an interview. Here are five tips that you must consider while writing a resume for a receptionist.
1.Receptionist Resume Objective Or Profile
First of all, you must decide that you have to include a resume objective or a professional profile also called resume summary.
Generally, objectives are better suited for freshers and career changers. While experienced individuals can opt for summaries.
Follow the guidelines below for a perfect start-
-Begin with your strongest skills.
– Then start off by introducing yourself and years of experience or education.
-Add some more relevant skills in between.
-Make use of action verbs.
-Mention the best accomplishment of your career. It should be relevant. Else you may skip it.
2. Receptionist Resume Skills
Skills play a major role in every field. his section gives a quick analysis of your capabilities as well as your nature. So, carefully draft this section.
Given below are a few best skills for a receptionist.
|Soft Skills||Hard Skills|
|Adaptability||Adept in MS Office|
|Teamwork||Expertise in office equipment including printers, scanners, copier, shredder.|
|Excellent Communicator||Familiar with accounting software.|
3. How to Write A Perfect Experience Section
An experience section is what an employer is most interested in. Deciding what to write and what not in the professional experience section is often the most difficult aspect. Most of the people take the easy way out and list generic job duties. However, this does not make your resume impactful.
Receptionist resume achievements area must. How you brought about a change or benefit to the organization in the past is really important.
So, here are some tips for writing a perfect section-
-Firstly, the section should be divided into bullet points.
-Now, these bullets should include a problem, an action that you took to resolve it and the final result. This is called the PAR system.
-Ensure that you use strong action verbs in your statements.
4. Formatting for ATS Optimization
ATS has come into play and you must optimize your resume accordingly. Here we have some suggestions from experts on ATS resume formatting.
-Firstly, use as many resume keywords from the job description as you can.
-Secondly, avoid headers, columns, footers, and tables. Be consistent in formatting. For instance- use the same font style, size, and color for all sub-headings.
-Keep it simple. Be specific, not general.
Related- 15 Best Resume Templates Word Free Download 2019
5. Adding A Cover Letter
Adding a cover letter to your resume has a number of benefits. In addition to providing some extra space to showcase your talents, it makes your resume stand out. So, attach a customized resume cover letter.
Do share your thoughts below. We look forward to hearing from you.
P.S.- We wish you luck with your oncoming job interview.